Joel R. Nodelman
I am an engineer and risk specialist with over forty years of professional practice. My main goal is climate resilience. I help my clients work toward resilience in the design, operation, and management of infrastructure and governance systems. I will help you find practical ways to address your climate risk.
B.Sc.(Hon) – Queen’s University – Chemistry
M.Sc. – Queen’s University – Chemical Engineering
P.Eng. – Professional Engineer
FEC – Fellow of Engineers Canada
IRP – Infrastructure Resilience Professional
CRM – Canadian Risk Management Professional
Climate resilience depends on wholistic approaches to risk management. Our work strives to achieve a balance between:
- Adaptation to be more resilient to climate events.
- Integration of adaptation into existing finance and governance systems
- Sensitivity to the environment, and social systems
- Finding ways to build adaptation into other strategic opportunities
I believe resilience is not simply a cost we have to bear. It is also an opportunity to make us safer, more environmentally aware, and competitive, as we move forward into an uncertain future.
I help clients over a wide spectrum of tasks. With many years of professional experience, I have gained many skills. I can help you:
- Assess and respond to climate risks and opportunities
- Train you and your team on how to deal with climate risks
- Prepare action plans
- Develop guides and policies to streamline your work
- Identify risk treatment options
- Build resilience into day-to-day tasks
A gifted speaker, facilitator and educator he taught 4th-year engineering courses in sustainable development and engineering management at the University of Alberta for well over a decade.He is the author of numerous articles and papers on sustainable development, climate change, climate resiliency, and environmental affairs.